Saturday, January 21, 2012

A Setback I can Handle

I'm sorta disgusted with myself.  I say this because I have been working out - hard, and eating a very strict diet, watching my intake of everything, consuming the perimeter of the grocery store and staying clear of bread, pizza, starches... and then last night happened.

We went out to celebrate my MIL and SIL's birthdays.  We ate at a local restaurant, White Star Ale House (really good food/drinks) to celebrate.  That is where I proceeded to over serve myself in the alcohol department.  I drank yesterday and today's calories in one evening.  So, yes, I was celebrating with everyone else, however, I have discovered I cannot eat like everyone else and not end up paying for it later.  Today I was a total slug, laying on the couch half the day.  I did finally get the house somewhat cleaned up to force myself to be somewhat productive.  Ugh.  The good news is, this is one day and I am determined to be better moving forward.  The good news is I continued to be diligent with my food today and water intake as well so that gives me the strength to keep going.

I thought about my birthday coming up and I thought about wanting to do a half marathon.  Do you think that is crazy?  I have zero desire to run a full marathon but a half could be really great.  So, I'm going to think about it a little more and make my decision soon.  Even if I don't, I will still do 5 or 10K runs.  That I can handle for sure.

No comments: