| Start | Month 1 | Month 2 | Month 3 | Month 4 | Month 5 | Month 6 | Month 7 | |
| Chest | 45 | 42 | 41.5 | 39 | 39 | 37.5 | 37 | 37 |
| Belly Button | 41 | 39 | 38 | 37 | 36.5 | 35 | 35 | 34 |
| Hips | 48 | 45 | 44 | 42 | 41.5 | 41 | 41 | 41 |
| L Arm | 14.8 | 14 | 13.5 | 13 | 13 | 12.5 | 12.5 | 12.25 |
| L Leg | 27 | 27 | 26.5 | 26 | 26 | 25.5 | 25.25 | 25 |
My weight came in at 183.5 and you know, it's annoying to lose inches and not weight but I'll take it. I feel great, in fact it's one of the things that keeps me motivated.
At work a good friend of mine said she wishes she had my motivation and asked how I keep so motivated. First of all, I am not expert in motivation. I am actually the biggest procrastinator I know so it's amazing I keep focused on this. :) But truthfully I think everyone has a limit that they reach and they just decide they don't want to feel that way anymore or look that way anymore or wear that size anymore or see that number on the scale anymore. I'll be honest, I have reached that limit many times in my life. I have tried all kinds of fad diets and diet foods and the simple fact is (which really isn't all that simple), eating right and exercising is what works and continues to be what makes me successful.
I eat things I shouldn't like chocolate, pie, ice cream, and alcohol but I do it in moderation. I count calories using my fitness pal dot com but there are many good sites one can use. I try to stay away from processed carbohydrates and get my higher carb foods from vegitables an whole grains. I very rarely eat low sugar or low fat items because those seem to be even more processed and they just add more carbs most of the time to the item. I focus my diet on lean protein, fruits and veggies with a little dairy. I have altered my eating habits to eating 5-6 times a day and two of those times is a protein shake. I drink the Bode protein shake by Vemma but there are many many good products out there. I also do a clense once a month to detox my organs and clean out my system, again a Vemma product. I do those because it makes me feel good and keeps me on track. I exercise everyday, and most days I don't want to but I tell myself that I have never regretted a work out and that is the truth. I take days off when my body is overly sore or tired because it doesn't do me much good to injure myself - I'll pay for that way more then if I just rest.
I love the way running and lifting makes me feel. I feel stronger and more confident in my appearance but I also sleep better and in some ways have a clearer mind. I know all this stuff is written in books and articles but I think being proud of my progress and remembering what it was like before I got to this point and being able to visualize my goal is what ultimately keeps me motivated to make it a daily habit.
Anyway, I am onto a new month and I soooooo want to be in the170's. I know, the number on the scale does not define me but I want to so badly get there because I know I can do it!
1 comment:
Hey Sam, can you email me on FB and tell me where you buy the Vemma shakes and detox stuff?
Thanks!
Sarah Fitz
Post a Comment