Yesterday I ran 9 miles!!!! And I lived to tell about it!!!! Hahaha, just kidding. It actually felt great. I was very nervous because on the 8th (my 31st birthday) I had to run 4 miles and at 3.5 miles my knee was KILLING me. I had a physician I work with take a look and he bumped up my anti-inflammatory to twice a day and encouraged rest.... Well I rested Friday and bumped up my medication but by Saturday I ran, and ran, and ran, and ran and finished 9 miles. I felt great at the end and have been icing my knee regularly so hopefully that helps.
And then I weighed in... 190.1!!!! Lowest yet so that made me happy. I kinda feel like I have plateaued if I were to be honest. I've been watching my calories and running my rear end off - sometimes I think maybe my body thinks I am starving it??? I swear, I eat plenty but it's hard with all the running and finding the balance between calories, protein, carbs - it really effects my ability to kick it into high gear when I am running.
I really hope the time change doesn't mess with me in the AM. But, I am very excited for more daylight and the opportunity to get outdoors... and I'm nervous too. But I can't run that 1/2 marathon on the treadmill so it needs to happen sometime!
1 comment:
Hey Sam, was watching The Biggest Loser the other day, and someone asked Bob the trainer what to do in times when we feel like we've plateaued. He suggested mixing up your workout...so if you usually lift a few weights after running, to lift the weights first. Or, if you do crunches after running, to do them first and just sort of trick your body.
The other thing that a trainer suggested to me at the Y was to run as fast as you can (fastest setting/sprinting on treadmill) for 1 minute. Then slow down to a walk or slow run for 2 minutes...then back up to fast for one minute, etc. until you get to 1.5 miles or until you feel exhausted. This also is supposed to trick your metabolism and help jumpstart that plateau. :)
Sarah Fitz
Post a Comment